Thursday, November 26, 2009

Week 13

I forgot to post anything last night. My father is in ICU with really bad pneumonia and between work and going back and forth to the hospital it's been a crazy couple of days. I woke up at 7 am in a panic over this and hope a late submission will be acceptable.

There really isn't a lot to blog about. We worked together on the web page and completed it to the best of our ability. It would have worked much better if we had all the links and the ability to include all the reading assignments and such. One really important factor to me was that all information for each week was in one place. I don't care for the blackboard style in which you have to check 4 or 5 places to make sure something wasn't missed. I work at a medical school and we have multiple courses so it gets very confusing. Students have to have a very easy way to figure out where to be and what to do. I developed a word document that has each week on a page and has all courses on the same document. That way the students know exactly what they are doing. I also put links on each activity so that when you click on a lecture it takes you to the website to that exact lecture and you can download all power points, notes, and reading assigments for that topic. The students have really appreciated the ease at which they can find what they need. I believe all online courses should be that easy to work with and to find what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment